domingo, 24 de junio de 2007

Second thoughts on eating Shaolin monk, or what to do with adrenalin

I meet this cook long time ago who used to be a paramedic, it was during his paramedic time that he became an addict to adrenalin. I know all the cooks working on the line get an adrenalin rush at least once a day, and I´v been told that adrenalin it´s a brain produced drug that provokes addiction. Also, I´v been told by vegetarians and budhists that it stays in the muscles for long time as a toxin, such as the one we get into our system every time we eat meat, this is why the best of meats is not industrial meat where animals are savagely killed while panicked seeing their mates beeing slain.
So, if we were to eat human flesh, the healthiest thing to do will be to eat a baby or a shaolin monk; in terms of the tenderness and quality of the meat of course. But here is where my doubt aroused, Are shaolin monk really low on toxins? Sure, they have a healthy diet and do a lot of streching exercise, but they also work out all day and therefore segregate a lot of adrenalin.
Let us leave that as an open question, forget about the worms that will eat us and think about what it´s really important. What to do with all that adrenalin? Does that affects on the way our body developes and ages? How to get it out of our system to avoid self intoxication and still be able to use all that extra energy?

2 comentarios:

Nike C. dijo...

are you sure about the storage of adrenalin? As far as I know, its half life is just about three minutes...

AnĂ³nimo dijo...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.